In fact, to create a hotspot by using the laptop/ notebook, there are lots of ways. Here I will share ways that I think the easiest and simplest steps. You can use a software named Connectify. Connectify only run on Windows 7, so if you use the other Windows, I’m sorry well. :)
Equipment you’ll need:
* Internet Network
* Notebook/ Laptop
* Windows 7
* Connectify Software
Well, it just need a simple things, right? Don’t foget to install the software first.
Now, here we go starting to make a hotspot:
1. Wifi-Name: Fill in your hotspot name you want. (Example: Connectify-me)
2. Password: input your own password. The function is to secure your internet network from unresponsible people.
3. Internet: Select the source of your Internet connection that you share.
4. Wifi: Select "wireless network connection"
5. Mode: It depends on your wifi card, which already support your connection.
6. Click “Aplly settings”
7. Then start hotspot
P.S: Connectify can run only with following wifi card:
* AR5xxx/AR9xxx Atheros cards, driver version 188.8.131.52
* Broadcom 4310-series (in many Dell laptops)
* 4321AG/4322AG/43224AG Broadcom WLAN Adapter, driver version 184.108.40.206
* D-Link DWL-G510 AIRPLUS G Wireless PCI Adapter, driver version 220.127.116.11
* D-Link DWA-140 RangeBooster N USB Adapter, driver version 18.104.22.168
* Dell 1510 Wireless N adapter, Broadcom version, driver 22.214.171.124,
* Intel 5100/5300, WiFi Link 1000 BGN, driver version 126.96.36.199
* Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Network Adapter (WUSB600N), driver version 188.8.131.52
* Netgear WG311T 108 Mbit
* Ralink RT2870 (in many 802.11n USB dongles)
* Realtek rtl8187b (Win7 drivers ver.1178)
* Realtek RTL8187SE (with the drivers That Came with Windows 7)
* RTL8192u with Realtek 1370 (Beta)
* Sitecom Wireless USB Adapter 54g WL-608, with Ralink RT2870 drivers, version 184.108.40.206
It’s simple, isn’t it…??? Well, let’s try now…!!! :)
AND...NOW, I KNOW...!!!
(c) Written by: Nanda Firsta
Source: Own Experience